January 22, 2011

Cruisin'

I'm almost caught up with my TV shows and haven't started my Finance project, but am all caught up with laundry, blogs I follow and got a pedicure. A girl has to have priorities. So here's part 1 of the long vacation recap. We started in Ft Lauderdale (by way of a flight to Miami and bus transfer - so we flew south, drove north and then sailed south), cruising to Georgetown, Grand Cayman & Cozumel, Mexico. Here's a photo of the map from cruise TV just as we were sailing by Havana (Hola Fidel).


All four of us stayed in a room and surprisingly we never felt cramped. We had great weather - sunny and 75+ every day. This was the view from our balcony the first morning.


The ship offered PADI scuba certification so Hubby and Sassy decided to seize the opportunity (more on that later). This meant Chunky and I were on our own for two full days. We had breakfast together and played a round of mini golf the first morning.






This is the most I saw of Chunky aside from our dolphin adventure the whole trip. He found a group of boys the same age and they shot hoops, climbed the rock wall and cruised for chicks.


This is one of my favorite places on the ship - the promenade. It had a cafe with coffee, pizza, sandwiches and pastries (all included), Ben & Jerry's parlor (nominal fee), gift shops, three bars and a flower shop.


There was no shortage of food. This is just one of the artfully arranged buffets they had to offer.


And when you needed to work it all off - there was Zumba every morning by the pool.


I really enjoyed watching from my lounge chair while I sipped on something cool. Here's what it looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment