October 4, 2009

Spooky

We had a family cleaning bonanza today. The kids were sooo excited. I'm sure you can imagine. We spent the afternoon chilling, though for me that means I'll still be doing laundry 'til 10pm. Sassy took still life photos for her digital photography class and Chunky helped me decorate a bit for Halloween. He also decided to tackle a craft project. These are a cross between letting your wee one go hog wild with their creativity and volunteering for more cleaning as everything needs to be hosed down and de-gooed. If you're a mom of kids over 12 months, you know what I'm talking about. When Sassy was little I'd set her up with a mat and an apron, everything just so for collecting all the creativity that didn't make it on the desired object. With Chunky I just give the kid a roll of paper towels and tell him not to wander too far from the kitchen sink.

Craft project: Haunted Cookie House

Decorating ideas from the box -




Chunky's final product -


He's a bit of a storyteller and said he thought his house had been in a bad storm or tornado. I responded with something like "oh, that makes sense." To which he replied, "Mom, that kind of hurt my feelings." What can I say, the truth hurts sometimes and I'm all about giving him the tools he needs to be a well-adjusted adult. That and all my sugar-coating skills have been snuffed out by cleaner fumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment