October 5, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation - I have porcelain (okay, ghostly) skin and have a hard time finding foundation to match. I've been using the lightest shade of Bare Escentuals for the past few years and like it very much, but sometimes I want something with a bit more coverage without being cakey. This stuff is light and has a wide spectrum of shades. The price is nice too. I found this in Sassy's makeup bag while on our Up North vacation (ah, the joys of five people sharing one very small bathroom - rummaging through your daughter's stuff).

Trader Joe's - What's not to like?! I love their dried fruit and trail mixes. They always have beautiful flowers for a beautiful price too. On a recent visit I scored a fresh guacamole kit - 2 avocados, 2 tomatoes, 1 onion, 1 garlic clove and 1 jalapeno pepper. It was nirvana. The Reál Sangria I enjoyed with it was excellent as well :)

Silpat Mat - Easily the best piece of kitchen equipment I've ever purchased. It makes cleanup a piece of cake! It works equally well with handmade delicacies and frozen cookie dough 'cause I'm not always channeling my inner Martha.

Crock Pot Liners - If summer means it's time to fire up the grill, then fall means it's time to simmer up the slow cooker. There is nothing like having a meal ready and waiting after a long day of work or play. These are pure genius - line your pot, throw in ingredients and cook; when all is said and done, lift out the liner and toss. Easy peasy.

Chico's - Three words: Garanimals for adults. The philosophy behind Garanimals is that by making it easy to choose coordinated outfits by themselves, children gain self-confidence. 'Nough said.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously!? Crock Pot liners? Freaking genius! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete