October 16, 2009

Colds (and the cold) Suck

I have been absent from blogland for an extended period as I battle a hellacious cold. I got a flu shot (regular not H1N1) last week and the very next morning my throat was really sore. It was downhill from there. I'm feeling more human with each passing day, but Peter, Paul & Mary I didn't know someone could have so much gunk in their nose/head. I sound like a dying goose when I blow my nose.

It is cold and rainy (sometimes snowy) - earlier in the season than normal though this is the arctic. I hear El Nino is making a comeback but won't believe it 'til I see it. Not a lot of other things to report. Sassy's team won their second to last game of the regular season so just one more to go. I believe they're B Squad conference champs. I bought Chunky another Halloween house kit, but one of the furry kids got into it and ate the gingerbread and powdered frosting right out of the bag. I went to the grocery store last night and one of my purchases was bite-sized candy bars for my work candy jar. I should have acted on my intuition to leave the candy in the car, but was lazy and left it on the counter. That was dessimated within two hours of being home. Geesh, some people's kids. I have class tonight, coffee with my BFF tomorrow morning (my lovely niece plays violin for the Minnesota Youth Symphony and practices nearby), my mom comes home from Italy so we'll be catching up by phone, and I'm making apple squares with my in-laws on Sunday. It will be a fun-filled, action-packed weekend. Oh, and my first grad school paper final is in three days. My professor wrote a note on my draft that I have a tendency to use run-on sentences. Picky, picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment