September 6, 2010

The Fair





Chunky, Sassy, her friend and I made our annual trip to the Great Minnesota Get-Together yesterday. Unfortunately hubby had to work and missed it for what may be the first time in 20 years! It was a delightful day - we were there about five hours and I don't think it got above 75° so it was very comfortable.

I should be walking on a treadmill non-stop today considering all the food we ate. We could've done worse, but I'm sure we were well over our calorie quota for the day. Our first sampling was cheese curds, followed by root beer, corn on the cob, pork chop on a stick, milkshakes (from the Dairy bldg of course), fruit smoothie, cotton candy (not I - can't stand the stuff), and finally Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies with milk. Hubby is the only one who likes pronto pups so we went without those. I typically get a chocolate milkshake but decided to try something different - strawberry-rhubarb. It was delicous and very refreshing. The fruit smoothie was one of my favorites - a mix of a dozen fresh fruits, juice and ice. I could taste a lot of watermelon and Chunky said he could taste bananas and grapes. I wondered how he could taste grapes - they're pretty bland anyway and I think they would disappear when mixed with all those other fruits. He said he could taste them when the peels got stuck in his teeth. I wish I'd tried a pot roast sundae - a scoop of mashed potatoes covered with roast beef, gravy, corn, and a cherry tomato. That might be fun to try at home.

Chunky bought My BFF (freeze-dried fish). He started growing them today and remarkably there are teeny, tiny fish starting to hatch. I sure hope they fair better than Minny. The blog template change is in her honor.


Chunky on the Giant Slide


I got my Glee poster and Chunky got his Family Guy photo op at the Fox both


One of our favorite things is visiting the Miracle of Birth Center. We watched a cow give birth to twins live! The chicks were born the day before and the piglets were born just a couple of days earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment