September 19, 2009

RIP Minny

It's a beautiful day in the arctic, unfortunately it has been marred by an untimely death.

Remember when we went to the Great Minnesota Get-Together a couple of weeks ago? We visited the Butterfly pavillion and left with a caterpillar (purchased) for Chunky in hopes it would transform into a beautiful Monarch. Sure enough, within just a couple of days it spun a cocoon at the top of it's container and early today we were rewarded with a butterfly! It's little wings needed to unfurl so we took it outside and set it on one of the last hydrangea blooms. I decided to sit outside to read a book I started when we were up north (yes, I know that was two plus months ago but remember the name of the blog is "better late than never"). Chunky joined me to watch Minny the butterfly and Sassy came out as well. We decided we needed to nurture it so we prepared two paper plates - one with sugar water, the other with a mashed up banana and strawberry. Little Minny seemed more interested in taking a walk-about so we just let it be and left the "snacks" to be enjoyed at its leisure. Before long we heard the angelic sound of the ice cream truck. Chunky fetched some money from my purse and we made our selections. While I paid I asked Chunky to grab a wet wipe from inside so we could keep the mess to a minimum. He came running out of the house to collect his treat and jumped from the top of the stoop and landed - yep you guessed it - right on top of Minny. Squish! I have lots of pre-mortem pics but out of respect for the deceased I've decided not to post them at this time. A moment of silence please.

No comments:

Post a Comment