August 25, 2009

Cheating Already

Tonight was the potluck dinner for all the high school volleyball players. I *cheated* and took a meal I made at Let's Dish - three cheese spinach rollups (or mock lasagna). When we arrived there were four other pans of lasagna. Of course. Some folks took the easy way out and brought a bucket of chicken or pizza. I'm not complaining - I'll remember those for future potlucks and they went quickly. Others brought homemade salads, casseroles, etc. Overachievers. I've never been accused of being one of those, though I have been called "Martha" (as in Martha Stewart).

I registered for my first grad school course. I'm a graduate student! That's so fun to say. Let's hope I'm able to hang in there so I can continue to say it right up to graduation. Technically I should graduate in 2013. It may take me another year or so as I'll be taking only one course per term until I'm comfortable with two at a time. Baby steps for goodness sakes. My course is "Ethics and Leadership" (required first course). I'll be going on Friday nights starting September 11th.

This course fosters personal development as an ethical, effective and enduring leader. Activities include: analyzing feedback from assessment instruments such as the Leadership Practices Inventory; reflecting on personal leadership experiences and those of others; responding to case studies; reviewing current leadership literature; and creating a credo and metaphor. Major assignments include analyzing data collected from interviews with leaders, participating in a team presentation dealing with ethical challenges in organizations and producing a portfolio documenting personal leadership abilities, experiences and goals.

What have I gotten myself into?!

No comments:

Post a Comment