August 15, 2009

Blah

A whole lotta nada is what's going on here. Still waiting to hear on my acceptance to grad school. I called earlier this week because I'd received a letter some transcripts were outstanding (note to anyone going to school - stick with one or two at the most as it will make life easier for a variety of reasons). Turns out they received the outstanding docs but had filed them under another name. Yes, my last name is a combination of my maiden plus spouses' last names. No, I do not hyphenate. This is not an uncommon practice in our culture today. Why is it so hard for people to put this all together?! I'm frequently asked if I go by my the first or second last name. HELLO?! It is ONE name dammit. Would you ask someone named "Ann Marie" if they go by "Ann" or "Marie"? No you would not. Chunky's basketball camp was a great success - he had a wonderful time and the sweat volume was acceptable. He did have sore feet each day and so felt it necessary to soak them in the portable foot spa I purchased when pregnant with him. I think it's fair to call him a metrosexual. Sassy's boyfriend is gone for two weeks on a family vacation in a neighboring state. I think she may die. High school volleyball tryouts are this week and I think she's a bit anxious. Because of the transfer she's not eligible for varsity, only B squad or JV. I think that's just fine. She evidently was aiming high. Sassy had her three BFFs over for a birthday party for one of them the other evening. There were streamers, silly string, virgin pina coladas, birthday cake and screaming. I picked up Chinese food on the way home so I didn't have to cook, deal with the pressure of making something everyone liked or do dishes. One of the other girls' parents told me my house is the "fun house". Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm already planning Chunky's tenth birthday party in early November. I live for this. I typically have a theme (Olympics, Halloween, Rodeo, Hawaiian, etc.). I'm thinking of a way to play on the number ten (e.g. X or decades). Finger foods is what I'm focusing on at the moment (maybe ten different tapas). Ooohh, just had a thought - a birthday cake in the shape of an "X"! See what I mean? I'm a little crazy but this is my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment