June 23, 2009

Take It Off Tuesday #1

This lady I drive crazy at work, Mimi, started a blog about finding the ME in Mommy. Goal #1 is to eat healthy and exercise. Sounds good, sign me up. She'd also like to find the inner athlete she once was. Um, you lost me there. I am not and never will be an athlete. That statement should probably be in all caps and underlined. The phrase "when pigs fly" comes to mind (shout out to Flo from Alice). I was a cheerleader in high school (eww, my arm fat just wiggled when I pat myself on the back) but I'm pretty sure that does not count as a sport. Last time I checked wearing legwarmers and saying "Ready. Okay." is not an olympic event. Too bad.

Anyhoo, Mimi started a weekly "Take It Off Tuesday" (pounds not clothes) post and I'm joining the bandwagon. She even has a contest. We'll follow the Weight Watchers method (not paying for membership but following the points system). This means documenting ALL food. I'll formally start tomorrow but might as well fess up to the frosted special K bar I had at lunch today (thanks Mimi for saying the cereal part is healthy :) I did a 10-minute stretch this morning and am hoping making hot fudge sundaes (wink, wink) counts as exercise.

Here are some helpful links -
Points calculator http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php
Dotti's Weight Loss Zone food lists and menus with points (scroll down) http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfoTOC.html

Ready. Okay.
Are you ready? (clap,clap)
To play (clap)
Say go team (clap)
Go team (clap)
Mommes taking it off all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment