May 30, 2009

10

If April showers bring May flowers, what does June bring?

Today was an absolutely beautiful day in the arctic tundra. I'd give it a 10 - warm but not hot, slight breeze, blue sky and plenty of sunshine. So what did we do on such a delightful day? Spent it watching Night At The Museum 2 inside a movie theater. Hubby had to work and I wanted to do something fun with the kids. I wish we'd seen Up but Sassy won the three-way coin toss: heads for Up of course and tails for Night. We spent a little time at "slice of summer", our city block party. Very disappointing turnout - nothing like the street fairs in NYC where everyone is out (rain or shine) and there's something to see or do everywhere you turn.

Summer is fast approaching. That's usually a very good thing, but at this moment it feels like I'm on the super highway of life and I don't know where the last few months have gone. I need time to slow down so I can savor every moment of summer while it lasts. June will be a little busy with kids out of school, a baton twirling contest (working not participating) and work, but I'm really hoping to achieve a good balance so I can enjoy all there is to enjoy. I've been dragging my feet a little, but it's time to have a serious conversation with Sassy about life - school, work, values, etc. We've had serious talks before but in my heart I know this is the right time to refresh and reassess.

The answer ... junebugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment