May 6, 2009

I Heart Amy

There are a lot of Amys (I know an extra special one :) but I'm talking about Amy Grant today. I like all her music, but it seems her christian music has found me at times when I really needed personal uplifting in my life. I literally wore out my "Unguarded" cassette tape back in 1985. My favorite Amy song is "Everywhere I Go". I rediscovered her a couple of years later when she was touring and made a concert stop at my TX University. I also love her Christmas songs, especially "Tennessee Christmas" and "Grown-Up Christmas List". I've seen Amy in concert at least three times - she rocks the house and exudes a warmth that makes you feel like she's one of your best girlfriends. Who didn't love "Baby, Baby" in 1991? Now Amy has partnered with Philosophy (my favorite skin care) to support a wonderful cause. With Mother's Day just a few days away I can't help but think of all the mothers, grandmothers, sisters and others who have been imapacted by breast cancer (or any type of cancer for that matter). This is definitely a cause worth supporting. Check out Amy's new EP "She Colors My Day" on iTunes.

Philosophy’s She Colors My Day project began when a mother dying of breast cancer created a keepsake for the four daughters she was preparing to leave behind. Unbeknownst to Annette, a long-time Nordstrom employee and nurturer of the Philosophy brand, her act of love would become the inspiration for Philosophy founder and creator, Cristina Carlino, to begin the She Colors My Day movement. Cristina began by writing a song about her daughter Grace that would later be recorded by multi- grammy award winner, Amy Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment