July 15, 2012

You've Got Mail

How sad is it that Nora Ephron recently passed away? Nothing better when you want a good stay-in-your-jammies-its-all-about-you-day than Heartburn, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail or Julie & Julia. My favorite is You've Got Mail. Which got me thinking about my current favorite mail item ... Birchbox. I discovered this in a TIME article about young entrepreneurs and decided it was the perfect way to treat myself with the birthday money my mother gave me (a gift that keeps on giving!). I heart receiving my monthly birchwood box of beauty samples, grab bag style. So I am starting a new monthly post about my treasures à la The Small Things Blog.


Alterna | Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Fade-Proof Fluide - I will likely give this to Sassy as she recently colored the bottom layer of her hair red (I guess it's called 'minking') and she is out in the sun much more often than I

Eyeko | Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - dying to try this! I've never tried liquid eyeliner ... I used to think it was retro in a not so good 60's way, but I guess what's old is new again

Harvey Prince | Hello Perfume - I wore this today and while it smells nice enough I didn't think it lasted very long. I am a HUGE fan of Jo Malone fragrances - they're beautiful, last a long time and are "blendable".

Supergoop! | City Sunscreen Serum - these are definitely going in Hubby's backback for any of us to use in a pinch. Love not having to carry a big ass bottle of sunscreen around.

Tea Forté | minteas - these are going in my purse

Birchbox Exclusive | Earbuds - super cool colors! Not sure if I'm daring enough to wear these, but I'll place them in with my seldom opened workout clothes drawer as a backup pair

No comments:

Post a Comment