July 8, 2012

Unity

It's been three years almost to the day since my last concert. While not as grand (small venue, no opening band), last night's 311 concert was awesome in its own way. The band kicked off their summer Unity tour in our fair city. We had great seats, or I should say Hubby had a great view from directly above the band and one member of our party of six was allowed to sit with him. I made friends with the security guard - stay at home dad with two girls ages 6 and 3 weeks - so both Sassy and I got good seats :) The lead singer is super cute ... it was a major hardship to see him so close up :) My only disappointment was that they didn't play two of my favorites - "Amber" and a cover of The Cure's "Lovesong" they performed for the movie 50 First Dates (it was also covered by Adele on her 21 album). It's sort of mine and Hubby's theme song. We listened to them in the van on the way home so all ended well. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment