March 13, 2011

Amore

Today is my and hubby's 24th wedding anniversary! That seems impossible. We're not getting any younger, are we? I'm truly grateful to be in a happy, healthy place in our partnership. Great hot fudge sundaes don't hurt either! We were married on a Friday the 13th on the 13th floor of the courthouse at 1300 hours. And we've had two black cats. Ha!

Hubby came home from a week-long business trip today and surprised me with a beautiful bouquet from our favorite florist which just happens to have a store a mile from the house. He is THE BEST flower picker-outer ever! He always gets something sophisticated, unusual and "organic" looking. This one has funky light green mums, pink lillies, stock, curly willow and a large, beautiful protea. I would take a photo for you but Sassy has my camera. This is sort of a variation on the theme -


I've been buried in Warren Buffett, NAFTA and sources of capital for the past two days so I really wasn't in the mood to get all gussied up and go to a fancy restaurant. I asked if we could go to my favorite local restaurant, Chipotle, for a mid-day celebration (is it linner, lunner or dunch?) 'cause I'm classy like that. I had myself a burrito bowl with black beans, carnitas and guac. I usually have a salad so I went gangbusters today. I even had a Corona. Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment