February 26, 2011

Fiesta

Life is crazy. Work (don't even get me started), kids' actvities (last night and today were Chunky's last basketball games of the season), and school (must read several books and write paper on NAFTA in addition to interview my CFO for other short paper and research Warren Buffett (the joys of finance).

I got a bee in my bonnet and am making meatloaf for dinner - with a twist! I merged two recipes for what I hope will be a delicious Fiesta Turkey Loaf. The "fiesta" if for green, yellow and red peppers.

Recipe:
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
Half each red, yellow and green peppers, finely diced
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 Tb seasoning/herbs - I used whatever was on hand
1 tsp dry mustard (a must!)
1 tsp Worstershire
1 egg
Squish of ketchup

Mix and pat into loaf pan previously sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Mix 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tsp Worstershire*, 1 tsp dry mustard and 2 TB brown sugar and spread on top. Bake approx. 45 mins at 350 degrees.

* I forgot Worstershire in the meat mix tonight, but I recommend as it imparts a "meaty" flavor to less flavorful lean turkey. Hopefully mine will turn out okay without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment