May 20, 2010

Whistle while you work

I'll be whistlin' Dixie while I do my laundry!

A few weeks ago we decided it was time to replace the floor in our laundry room. It was original to the home - 23 years young!

We decided to do vinyl - I'm not a big tile lover and wood or carpeting aren't conducive to a laundry room. We placed an order for faux tile "planks" in March and waited for them to arrive. And waited. And waited. The week before Mother's Day they finally arrived.


I received a call at work the next day asking, "Do you like the wall color in the laundry room?" No, I do not like the badly sponge painted and poop colored walls. So back to the home improvement store we went. I wanted to find just the right color "palette" (I take decorating very seriously!). Voila - brown represents the wood trim, cream represents existing cabinetry and the two new wall colors are Fortune Cookie (buttery yellow) and Riviera Beach (sand).

I wish I'd thought to take photos BEFORE hubby started painting, but you know ... better late than never.


How awesome is this?!!!

I won out in picking the door color. Hubby wanted to paint the inside doors dark brown to "match the woodwork". I thought it looked like the same poop color we just replaced. Victory is so sweet :)

I think I want to put up a valance or message board with fabric that will bring all the colors together. I found this fantastic print (two small swatches of a larger print) that only costs $35 a yard (evidently I love seriously expensive decorating).

No comments:

Post a Comment