April 13, 2010

The Cabin

I have a friend who calls her spouse's education "the cabin". As in it cost as much as. I think we're going to start calling the dentist "the cabin" around here. Between my recent woes, Chunky's ongoing issues and Sassy's checkup, we have been to a dentist six times in the past two months. Today we had a consult with a facial surgeon because Sassy's wisdom teeth won't fit. I guess we can't call her "big mouth" afterall. They'll need to come out - all four of them. I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 22 or 23. Hubby was in the Army and I had the privilege of having each one pulled separately after they'd become infected. Then I got dry socket to top it all off. Ouch! I'd rather give birth. Turns out the upside is it was free. Sassy's procedure - with anesthesia - will be $2500! Granted we're fortunate to have dental insurance, but it doesn't cover everything. So I'm off to the cabin again in a week for me and in five weeks for Sassy. Ah, carefree living at it's best!

No comments:

Post a Comment