March 7, 2010

The Ps

I came across this while preparing a "values" statement for my position paper - Sources of Personal Ethical Power. I think it ties nicely to my relationship secrets.

Purpose
I strive to be an ethically sound person; I let my conscience be my guide. I want to be able to look in the mirror and feel good about what I have done.

Pride
I feel good about myself. I know I do not need the acceptance of others to feel important. I work on maintaining a healthy and balanced self-esteem.

Patience
I believe that things will eventually work out well. I do not need everything to happen right now. I am at peace with what comes my way.

Persistence
I stick to my purpose especially when it seems hard to do so. When it comes to important issues and values, I follow Churchill’s advice: “Never! Never! Never give up!”


Perspective
I systematically take time to reflect. I develop inner resources that help me to be focused and think clearly.


Practice
I take a “habits of the heart” approach by striving for ethical quality in all my choices. I apply systematic steps for making the highest quality ethical decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment