March 24, 2010

Holy Chat Batman

I have issues. Yes, we know - too many to count Currently I am focused on my clothes dryer issue. It's not working. Praise the Lord it decided to quit working AFTER I had completed my tenth and final load of laundry last Sunday. I do laundry almost every day - my people take an inordinate amount of showers and change clothing twice, sometimes three times a day. Mixed with the assorted critter clean-ups means I do multiple loads of laundry every day. Laundry is my life - I've embraced it I promptly scheduled service on Sears.com Monday morning. I scheduled said service for Wednesday (today). I took a half day off of work to complete my paper which is what I should be doing instead of typing this post, but better late than never! and rendezvous with the repair person. I had a nagging feeling that something wasn't right when I didn't receive a phone call interrupting my lunch. You see it is my lot in life that any scheduled repair person (between a span of 4-8 hours) will call to say they're in my driveway during the few moments I've planned during the adjacent timeframe. This means most often the repair person is very early and says they will leave if I'm not on site within seconds. So I was surprised not to receive a call at Noon since the repair person was expected between 1:00 and 5:00. As I raced home, I thought perhaps my luck had changed. Silly rabbit I turned on the computer as soon as I arrived home to confirm the time in my email response from Sears and couldn't find the email. First red flag I looked on Sears.com to see if there was a way to check my scheduled service. Couldn't find it. Sinking feeling I opened a chat with a Sears rep and explained my sad tale. The rep asked if I scheduled the service with an "agent". Unless the web site is considered an agent - and I mentioned "web site" or ".com" at least twice in my tale - then that would be NO. Second red flag Of course "George" can't find my service order and no one is coming today to see my dysfunctional dryer. George asks if I want to schedule service for another day Um, yeah then proceeds to tell me about a million different payment options. Over the course of 10 minutes as each option is a l-o-n-g, separate post. Now I get it - it's going to cost me something, but good gravy could I get date and time options for the service so I can coordinate with my schedule before I open up my wallet?! The whole thing was a 40 minute chat. 40 minutes of my life gone - poof, just like that. Oy vey! You will all rest easy tonight however to know that someone is making a housecall tomorrow between the hours of 8am and Noon. And here's the best part, I am also getting a washer tune up at a VERY reduced price while the repair person is here for the dryer! that George is quite a salesperson Guess my luck has changed afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment