March 28, 2010

Pains

I have two big pains at the moment. The first is that I have to take our clothes to the laundromat to dry. I wash at home - shifting the first load into the non-functional dryer for "holding" while I wash a second (and sometimes third) - then haul to the laundromat. Thankfully it's less than a mile away, but it is not exactly the classiest joint. Good people-watching though. The second is that the whole left side of my head/face hurts. A lot. I had a temporary crown put on nine days ago and the pain is getting progressively worse each day. I mentioned to my dentist that I had some slight (underscore "slight") discomfort when drinking hot or cold beverages. He suggested a crown as I might have a small break inside (not visible, even on x-rays). In hindsight I should have bought some old-lady sensitivity toothpaste and called it a day. I could barely think straight yesterday and the only mild relief I got was after two drinks and four ibuprofen. I awoke this morning to a throbbing headache that won't quit. My father-in-law gave me one of his prescription pain pills earlier today. I cut it in half and that - along with the three-glass wine flight at dinner - has put me in a happy place. I will definitely be making a call to the dentist in the morning.

On a brighter note, Sassy and I watched MPB's beautiful baby girl for a few hours today. She is the sweetest thing. Sassy said she wanted a baby sister. Me too - the baby, not the sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment