March 5, 2009

Making A Difference

I am posting twice in one day! Mostly because I forgot to add this earlier, but decided it was important enough to be a standalone post rather than an edit to the previous one (bl8tn!). I took my kids to see "Slumdog Millionaire". What a wonderful film. And sad. We came out wanting to adopt lots of little Indian children to save them from the poverty that surely was not Hollywood-fied in the film. Of course I know there are children in need all over the world. After having Sassy Lassy, I donated money each month to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital because I was so grateful to have a healthy baby and knew there were so many parents with sick children who had the same thought when their children were born and were later praying for a miracle. I wanted to be part of more miracles once I'd experienced the birth of she who would one day become the eyeliner devotee. They say giving is good for the soul and keeps you young. Here's to the fountain of youth!

No comments:

Post a Comment