January 7, 2013

In Remembrance

Someone dear has passed. While we didn't have a deep friendship, we had a wonderful time whenever our paths crossed no matter how brief. I would describe her as vivacious, funny, sweet and courageous. She reached out to me in the midst of battling her own cancer to apologize for being "absent". She thought my strength through Hubby's accident and subsequent life changes was remarkable and all I could say back was "ditto". I posted the following poem on her CaringBridge site - it's one of my favorite poems.

In Rememberance

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am a diamond glint on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awake in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight
I am the soft stars that shine on night
Do not stand by my grave and cry
I am not there I did not die

Mary Frye – 1932

No comments:

Post a Comment