October 31, 2012

XO Treat

Happy Halloween!

Hubby and I recently went on a double-date with good friends to a favorite authentic Mexican restaurant. A lady was walking around handing out sample shots of a coffee liqueur - Patron XO Cafe. It's actually tequila and coffee extract. Ah, yum! She also handed out Halloween-themed recipe cards. Since we like to have a gathering on our favorite pagan holiday, I decided we should have a signature adult beverage for the festivities. I picked the Butterscotch Treat and of course had to taste test before I serve to guests. Home run!!! Here's the recipe -

3/4 oz. Patron XO Cafe
1/2 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
1/2 oz. White Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz. half & half  I use unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk cause that's what I'm into these days
cinnamon and sugar  I skip this
Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass. Or mix in a juice glass and stir with finger like I did.

More recipes here.

Happy Trick-or-Treating!

No comments:

Post a Comment