October 10, 2012

N is for ...

You know the saying, it takes a village to raise a child? Well, I believe that. I also believe I can be a village idiot. And I'm not alone.

One of my best friends called this morning ... we talk often on the drive to and from work ... to tell me she'd just woken my daughter up to go get her 3 yr old daughter some pajamas at nearby Target. Huh? Turns out today was PJ day in honor of the theme for the letter of the week, "N". The theme for the week was "Night". She thought it was "Nose". Nice! Luckily munchkin's daycare is at the end of our block and Sassy babysits for her so there's a connection. I love that my friend felt comfortable enough to call Sassy in for help and I especially love that Sassy was all too happy to help.

Cut to mid-conversation, I receive a call from home ... Chunky. He never calls me (I've recently become aware that it is a 12 going on 13 year old boy's mission in life to avoid his mother at all costs) so I answer immediately.

Me: Hi
Chunky: Um, hi. Did you pick up my meds?
Long, awkward pause
Me: Uh, no. I think it's a good day to take a break.
Ya think so smarty pants?! You forgot to pick up your kids medicine and that's what you have to say for yourself?
Chunky: Ah, ok.

Of course I picked up the meds on my way home from work. Of course Chunky tells me he had two tests today when I arrive home.

N is for Naughty mommy. Oh dear, there goes that ever elusive mother of the year award ... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment