November 13, 2010

Drinking in winter wonderland

We got our first snow of the season. Here's how it all went down -

Chunky wanted to use the snow thrower but since he never has before I was nervous about testing that out today. I had him get it for me out of the shed. Of course there was no gas in it so I put in the only available gas in the garage. Chunky tells me it's the wrong stuff. I go to start the darn thing and it won't turnover. Delightful. I finally get it going after several starts and stops (have to turn the choke down at precisely the right moment) and then the blower thing gets clogged up with heavy, wet, slushy snow. I ask Chunky to get me a wooden spoon so I can dig it out. He is slower than pond water. I spoon the snow out, push a bit, get clogged, spoon. Rinse and repeat a few times. I throw a temper tantrum in the driveway and put away the ?#%*($@! snow thrower. Hubby calls back (Chunky called to tell on me for using the wrong gas) and he tells me it's wrong because it's a gas/oil mix. I ask if there's any other gasoline available and he says no. So by my standards it was right. I plow out of the driveway over mountain of snow to get to grad class. Works like a charm every time.

I'm excited about my first yoga session after class. It's the only thing that gets me through talking about asset turnover, debt ratios and some other accounting blah-blah-blah stuff. I stop at the in-laws because I arrived a full hour early for yoga and their house is in the neighborhood. I get stuck in their driveway. I look up directions just to be sure and find out yoga is cancelled. Of course it is. I stay for supper with in-laws and unstick my car from their drive. I arrive home, gun it into the garage and start the snow thrower. The snow is super heavy and is not blowing very far. For every pass I make, I have to make two more to clean up the snow I just dumped on the part of the drive I already cleared. I do maybe 30% of the drive, attempt to shovel the really tall mounds down and then say "screw it".

Am drinking heavily now. Expect biceps like Popeye in the morning from all the heavy lifting (literally).

No comments:

Post a Comment