June 19, 2010

East Coast Trip: Virginia (part 1)

My mom found us a place in Willimasburg, but I didn't realize it was literally steps from the Revolutionary City within Colonial Williamsburg. Very charming and a great location. It took mere minutes for us to walk to shops and restaurants. Along the way we passed fields of sheep and horses.


We decided to visit Busch Gardens on our first full day and save Colonial Williamsburg for the following day. I wasn't sure what to expect at Busch Gardens. Five countries are represented - Italy, Germany, France, Ireland, Scotland and England. First stop was Italy where Chunky and I went on the Escape from Pompeii water ride. Very refreshing on an 89 degree humid day!

On to Germany. My kids are obsessed with all things Teutonic. I did the math once and figured they're ¼ German, ¼ French, ¼ Norwegian and ¼ blend of Scotch/Italian/Yugoslav. Chunky tried on a wool fedora at my urging and found it suited him. We bought him a kids version and he never took it off.

They had a large collection of bald eagles -


The Busch Gardens grounds are beautiful but it definitely doesn't compare with a Disney park in terms of rides/attractions.


Grandma and the Krauts

No comments:

Post a Comment