June 30, 2010

30 days dentist free and other ramblings

It's a record for the first half of 2010. Please pray I can keep it going for the remainder of the year!

Other ramblings -

My BFF moved a month ago and I have been in denial. She used to live about 30 miles away, but now lives 235. We didn't see each other as often as we liked, but we made due. This past week it really hit me and I'm missing our Saturday morning coffee chats big time.

Sassy worked at Nordstrom last night for a VIP Twilight-Eclipse event and got to stay for the movie (one of the first to see it anywhere!). I had to pick her up at 11:30 pm and I get up at 5:30 am. My ass is dragging. I should go to sleep now, but need to monitor because the boyfriend is over.

Sassy is mad at me because I won't let her drive on her own tonight. I haven't put her on our insurance yet (don't need to do that when they only have permits) and she just passed her test late yesterday afternoon.

I probably have to drive the boyfriend home. Blurg!

I work in the health insurance industry and am responsible for implementing health care reform. The language is so ambiguous you could drive a Mack truck through it. There are references to things that will go into effect in 2014, but pieces of it apply now, but definitions won't be published until the Secretary of Health & Human Services gets around to it, and you can't put dollar limits on things, but you can exclude them altogether (what?). It makes no sense. Don't get me wrong - I am totally behind a lot of things in this bill, like coverage for people regardless of health status and preventive care checkups without copayments. But saying "preventive medications" must be covered at $0 copay and the only things considered preventive by the United States Preventive Services Task Force are aspirin and folic acid supplements? These are readily available at any drug store and are relatively inexpensive. Why make people get a prescription from their doctor to cover at $0? I have read this cover-to-cover. My head hurts. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment