July 31, 2009

Proud

I'm proud I submitted the last piece of the applying-to-grad-school pie - the dreaded personal statement. I don't know why I gave it such significance, but these questions felt like like the weight of the world on my shoulders. What do you see as the major issues with which business professionals should be concerned, now and in the next decade? What are your specific professional goals? How would the program help you to achieve your professional and personal goals? What particular personal strengths do you bring to the program? What limitations do you perceive you have? How have both been demonstrated? I finally took MPB's advice and completed while enjoying an iced beverage (ahem, Bloody Mary). Hubby thinks it's cheesy. I think it's fantastic. I hope I don't think differently in the light of day tomorrow.

I'm proud I have such good friends who write really nice things about me as a recommendation for grad school. Mad - I don't know who you were writing about, but she sounds awesome!

I'm proud I took a stand at work today. Not sure what that stand will get me (probably a swift fall on my ass), but it feels good that I went for it.

I'm proud I'm handling the news I didn't get the position I applied for in another dept with grace. It must mean I'm destined for better things. Or it could mean I'm a total loser. I don't think that's it. And I don't want to know if you think that's it. Let me continue to live in my fantasy world. Please.

I'm proud I'm contining to post one more entry this month than I did in the previous. Such an accomplishment. Seriously, blogging has been a great creative outlet for me and I once heard all women should have a creative outlet outside of their spouse and children. Not sure why, but I heard it and it sounded good so it's gospel.

Gotta go to bed - the Bloody is kicking in - but first I have to do a "hand check" with Sassy and the new boyfriend, Steve-o, and I have to find Chunky whom I sent outside because he was begging me to play Monopoly and I was trying to write an essay on the meaning of life.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! You should be proud of those things. =) I agree a drink always gets the words flowing....

    ReplyDelete