May 14, 2013

Movie Faves: The '80s

I've been wanting to do a favorite movies post for some time and because I should be writing a paper on intercultural marketing for grad school, I decided to do a top 10 by decade. Actually 11 because I couldn't bear to part with one. And it's your lucky day! I'm give you a favorite quote from each. You're welcome.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - Harrison Ford in a non Star Wars movie ... swoon. I remember my mom renting the VHS to celebrate my first high school job.
Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?

Stripes (1981) - Bill Murray in his prime. Will Farrell is a copy cat. Worthy of two quotes!
Lighten up, Francis.
You know what your problem is? You've never had anybody give you the Aunt Jemima treatment.

The Four Seasons (1981) - The first time I thought middle age didn't look horrific.
The reality is you're married to a middle-aged woman with a a good sense of humor and dry skin!

Terms of Endearment (1983) - Mother-Daughter tearjerker; Shirley Maclaine and Jack Nicholson make this movie.
I like the lights on. Then go home and turn them on.

Sixteen Candles (1984) - John Hughes at his best, my high school years defined and I heart Jake Ryan.
I can't believe my Grandmother actually felt me up.

Back to the Future (1985) - A DeLorean time machine, skateboarding and Huey Lewis and the News music. Always reminds me of my senior year of high school.
Why do you keep calling me Calvin? Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) - Another John Hughes classic. The parade scene rocks!
Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Baby Boom (1987) - Quintessential '80s female empowerment; great chemistry between Diane Keaton and Sam Shepherd.
I can't have a baby because I have a 12:30 lunch meeting.

The Princess Bride (1987) - Romance, sword fighting, Andre the Giant.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Bull Durham (1988) - Baseball + Kevin Costner = hit movie.
The rose goes in the front, big guy.

When Harry Met Sally (1989) - Men and women can be friends.
It is so nice when you can sit with someone and not have to talk.

There are so many other greats ... Breakfast Club, Die Hard, Fatal Attraction, Field of Dreams, The Terminator ... but the above are the ones that would accompany me on a desert island. If you haven't seen 'em, you're in for a  real treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment