June 15, 2012

The Graduate

Sassy is 18 and a high school graduate. How did this happen? Where has the time gone? I am NOT okay with this. Moving on. Sassy was #9 (alphabetical) out of four hundred-and-something graduates at her high school. I wasn't sure what to expect - I'd only attended my own and Hubby's graduation previously. Sassy's ceremony was very simple and nice.

I always take first day of school photos so thought I'd take a last day photo, especially since it was Toga! day. Those white jersey sheets sure came in handy - Sassy used them for her toga (strategic pinning courtesy of YouTube) and I used for a tablecloth on the dessert table at her open house.


Wish I'd caught a photo of all the grads throwing their caps in the air following the ceremony. True to form (better late than never), I caught the moment afterward. That's Sassy in the front row, fourth from top, sweeping her bangs to the side as she looks up at the caps stuck in the rafters.

Family photos from pre-graduation dinner -
 The people who made her life possible - literally!

 The she-should-be-moving-out-so-I-can-have-her-room look

 Grma P (my mom)

Grma G (Hubby's mom)

I don't have many photos from the open house and those I do have are fuzzy or dark. This is the only photo that turned out well - we hung tissue paper pom poms in the trees to guide people from front of house to back along the side of our house.

I can sum up the party with: great food (thanks Mom!), great people and fantastic weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment