June 18, 2011

Savannah

I'm in a southern state of mind lately. I read this post yesterday and could immediately relate. Savannah, Georgia is one of my most favorite places on earth - granted I'm not a world traveler so my experience is somewhat limited - but of the places I've been, Savannah is in my top 5. It oozes southern charm and evokes a simpler time. My first visit was in 2004 with my mom and the kids. I went back with my BFF four years ago to celebrate our monumental birthdays. I want to go back again ... soon!

I love cemeteries and Savannah does not disappoint -


This is one of my favorite photos of Sassy taken outside Juliette Gordon Low's home (founder of the Girl Scouts of America) -


The Lady & Sons restaurant - I can still taste the amazing ho cakes - Yum!


My mom and kids in front of the Gryphon Tea Room - beautiful inside and out!


Tybee Island -


Definitely add Savannah to your travel bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment