March 30, 2015

Tale of Two Salads

I have been on a quest for easy to prepare, great tasting 21-day fix approved meals. I scored with these three. The first two are different versions of a shrimp avocado salad and the third is a fruit salad.

Both shrimp salads have shrimp (obvs), avocado, olive oil, red onion and cilantro, but then things get interesting. I like them both equally though nothing compares to the amazing shrimp salad I had in San Diego two months ago (seemingly bottomless bowl for $8).

Zesty Lime Shrimp Salad
This one uses lime for acidity and jalapenos for spice (I use jarred). Tomatoes and cilantro are also in the mix.

Shrimp Avocado Salad 
This one uses red wine vinegar for acidity and Dijon mustard plus garlic powder for zip. Parsley is listed but I use cilantro.

Tropical Fruit Salad
I have this fruit salad almost every morning and it's delish! I think it tastes like Hawaii. Mind you I've never been to Hawaii, but this is how I imagine it tastes.

Banana - I use half in my protein shake* and the other half here
Papaya - I cut one up on Sunday, store in container and take a scoop equal to half the banana
Pineapple - I use store bought chunks (SO EASY), scoop equal to banana / papaya
Lime Juice & Zest - I zest and juice a lime on Sunday, store in container and drop about 2 tsp in
Shredded Coconut - put the lime in the coconut ...
Sliced Almonds - this puts it over the top

Shake, marinate 10-30 minutes and enjoy!

* My favorite shake recipes (chocolate of course):
  • 1 scoop + 1 cup almond milk + ice + banana + honey
  • 1 scoop + 1 cup almond milk + ice + banana + natural peanut butter
  • 1 scoop + 1 cup almond milk + ice + maple syrup + pecans

No comments:

Post a Comment