May 5, 2014

Fashionisto

I cannot believe I didn't blog once in the entire month of April. That's a first for me. I'm sure you missed me so I will do my best to make up for my lack of productivity this month. Let's start things off with a fashion post ... man style.

Chunky's stint at our K-8 parochial school is almost over. He is looking forward to high school and I am looking forward to the end of fundraising events and Christmas/Spring concerts that start with beginner band (the word cacophonous comes to mind). It is bittersweet however as it is the end of an era as we've had a child at this school since 2000 and I am very much looking forward to Chunky's stint as Captain Hook in the end of year school production of Peter Pan. In less than a month he'll be starting the summer before his freshman year of high school. How did this happen?! Before the summer begins however we have to get through graduation events ... nothing too crazy but of course we'll mark the occasion with photos and so I asked Chunky to "dress up". What to wear should be less dramatic for a boy, but Chunky is not your average boy ... he has particular tastes and likes to express his individualism. I made a deal with him ... I'd find clothes that were him and he'd get a haircut more on the hair later. So here's what I came up with:

The lobster tie is a nod to the role he had in last year's school play, Alice in Wonderland. I intentionally got Vans without laces because it reflects his laid back surfer style. And for some odd reason he's been talking about wanting red pants for the better part of a year. Mission accomplished. Stay tuned for official photos

No comments:

Post a Comment