September 26, 2011

Feeding the soul

I did something tonight I haven't done in 7 weeks ... cooked dinner from scratch. It was heavenly and exactly what I needed. Hubby had a minor procedure today that went off without a hitch. Once I confirmed he was resting comfortably and would likely be sleeping the rest of the day, I decided to head home to get some work work done. It felt so comfortable and "normal" to be home doing something I've done a hundred times before ... something I haven't felt in a long time. Then I got to thinking the only thing better would be to smell something cooking and eat a family dinner I prepared ... flank steak with potatoes and herb butter. It was amazing if I do say so myself. The only thing better would have been a homemade dessert, but a spoonful of Nutella out of the jar will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment