August 1, 2011

Sequence

I do not heart math. I am however drawn to sequence - I heart logical order. This may be one of the reasons I'm not good at "regular" math, but love statistics - organizing numbers! insert need for therapy here Somehow I managed to major in stats (along with econ) for my undergraduate degree despite the fact I have a hard time figuring out which number goes where to determine increase/decrease in percentage value.

I was fascinated by the Bing homepage image yesterday which showed a cross-section of a chambered nautilus. This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I treasure a beautiful nautilus shell someone gave me as a parting gift when I left my last company.


I researched nature's magic algorithm a bit and found there is something called the golden rectangle or Fibonacci numbers.


I can't recall if I learned about this in school, but I heart the beauty in sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment