July 1, 2022

Monthly Book Review: June 2022

I can't imagine that Castle of Water by Dane Huckelbridge won't be in my top 5 of the year. Barry, a New York banker, and Sophie, a French architect, are deserted on a tiny uninhabited island following a twist of fate. They could not be more different, but they must rely on each other to survive. I love how the author weaves in back stories. Basically 'Castaway' for two.

I almost stopped reading The No-Show by Beth O'Leary. Something made me stick with it though and I'm glad I did. Joseph Carter stands up three women on Valentine's Day. Jane is escaping something by immersing herself in books and work at a charity thrift shop. Miranda is a tree surgeon and Siobhan is a life coach. Each of them think he's too good to be true and they may be right. 

TBR List

  • One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
  • The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley
  • Musical Chairs by Amy Poeppel
  • The Mountain and the Sea by Kwame Dawes
  • The Joy of X by Steven Strogatz

No comments:

Post a Comment