January 31, 2019

Monthly Book Review: January 2019

Sunburn by Laura Lippman - I read this while in Mexico and it was the perfect beach read. The opening lines pulled me in and I was hooked on all the twists and turns. Polly/Pauline is playing a game ... is it a long game or a short one? Is she villain, victim, or both? The best part? It was good all the way to the end!

The Girl with Seven Names: A North Korean Defector's Story by Hyeonseo Lee, David Johng - Soooooo good! True story of a young girl’s journey to freedom. I was shocked to learn of the insidious abuse North Korean’s deal with in everyday life (e.g. monthly compulsory criticism sessions at school and work).

Next up:
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan

We’ll be going back to Mexico yet this year so I also added “Learn Spanish” audiobook to my queue. Excited to see how that works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment