August 1, 2017

Monthly Book Review: July 2017

July was unhurried for me and I loved every minute of it. I was a bit of a social butterfly which is a departure for me. Here's hoping my August goes just as gradually. I am heading to Germany this month with my kids and cannot wait to experience places I've read about.

Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan - I couldn't help myself, just had to gobble up the last in the trilogy. All the glitz, glamour and drama of the first two with a bit of intrigue. The first two were better in my opinion, but this wraps all loose ends up.

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck - Should people be judged by their past? How do you define love once you've seen and experienced unspeakable horrors? Do you see things in black & white or variations of grey? Three womens' stories shaped by the events leading up to and during WWII. It's a slow burn, but has kept me thinking.

Next up:
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
Tiny Little Thing by Beatriz Williams
Chasing the North Star by Robert Morgan
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment