January 26, 2017

Morning Glory

I have a new breakfast addiction - avocado toast. I know the rest of the free world has already discovered this but we've established I am not an early adopter (nor likely a fast follower).

Here's how I love mine:
    Toasted sprouted grain bread (I will never go back to traditional sandwich bread - I love the texture and health benefits over whole wheat which are amino acids and bioavailability of vitamins/minerals)
    Spread with avocado half - split in half, twist apart, slice half without pit a few times lengthwise, scoop out with spoon and spread on warm toast (save the other half face down with pit in water and/or lemon/lime juice)

    Salt and pepper (I add balsamic vinegar sometimes)

    Onion slices

    Tomato slices

    Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment