September 27, 2013

Veritas

I've shared previously that I subscribe to Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle blog, GOOP. The be journal series is one of my favorite things and August's entry, The Truth is fantastic. I've had a love/hate relationship with the truth throughout my life ... I'm definitely guilty of telling myself or others something different than reality to make myself look or feel better. I still have guilt about the white lies I told as a kid for what was obviously a shameless need for attention. I've been lied to as well and discovering the truth can be a painful experience and lead to anger, fear or mistrust. I love the Purge Emotional Writing exercise (PEW-12) mentioned in the journal and may do just that to coincide with our next bonfire. Freeing the mind and spirit of things that weigh us down is cathartic and a gift we can give ourselves. So is being honest and truthful about who we are, what we're not and what we want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment