September 15, 2012

September Birchbox

My favorite delivery arrived this week!
This time I copied the photograph from the website ... smart, huh?!
LiQWd | Volumizing Catalyst - I was anxious to try this as I have fine, thin hair. I used the other morning after towel drying then went about my morning rituals before blow-drying about an hour later ... definitely noticed a little more oomph, but ended up putting my hair up so am anxious to try again with hair styled down.

LiQWd | Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner - saving to use for future travel (who knows when or where)

BVLGARI | Mon Jasmin Noir perfume - this was pretty spicy/heavy for me

Color Club | Birchbox custom nail color - "Insta-This", a deep cobalt blue ... the color is not for me so passed on to a friend who is much younger and hipper than I

Dr. Jart+ | Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ - Love!!! It's a lightweight multi-tasker with just the right amount of coverage that left my skin looking dewy and flawless. SOLD!

twistband hair tie | Lace up for Fall - cobalt blue matches the nail color; I was super happy to get another one as I've used the pink one from the May box to death. These don't leave a kink in your hair and never pull or lose their stretch.

Madewell | $25 gift card - Young, hip clothing line. I think I'll use this to buy a Christmas gift for Sassy.

I also received an email offer for 20% off to celebrate my 6 month anniversary with Birchbox - awesome! I am ordering the hair ties in neutral - I'll actually wear them out vs. the pink and cobalt ones and will share with Sassy, the Dr. Jart beauty balm and a Christmas gift for Sassy since she commented on it in July. I really want to order the Shu Uemura Hair Essence from my first box back in April but can't justify the cost even at 20% off. Combined with the $10 rewards I earned from previous small purchases and a gift subscription for my mom, this was a great deal. I am trying really hard to economize ... thinking about need vs. want and price relative to things like groceries, Hubby's personal care aide, etc. Trust me, the hair ties and beauty balm have become needs!



No comments:

Post a Comment