December 31, 2009

Recap

It's the last day of the year. Also the last day of the first decade of the 21st century. I can't believe it's been 10 years since the Y2K hysteria. This has been a typical crazy, wonderful year. Nothing too eventful in terms of startling revelations or events. Chunky had an injury. Sassy started something new. I persevered though I don't know all the things I'd like to. We have our health, our jobs and each other so we're ending the year as well if not better than how we started. Ever the eternal optimist, I'm looking forward to 2010.

My 2009 resolutions were to start and maintain a blog, catch up on scrapbooking and enroll in a Master's program. I'm two for three. I don't really have any new resolutions. I figure I should just carry on with this year's - continuing the two and actually doing the third.

My favorite things haven't changed. I still love food as much as I did a year ago hence I haven't parted with my love handles. I still heart Christmas music, all things Twilight, snuggling with my kids (furry and otherwise) and vacations. I've discovered new blogs - The Pioneer Woman, Smitten Kitchen, The Spohrs are Multiplying - and parted with others. Still inspired by these folks. I'm glad I joined the ranks and hope readers - old and new - find this blog inspiring, funny or just plain crazy (I'm at peace with my craziness).

Sassy's best friends, Miguel, Sprinkle and Muffin are over along with assorted boyfriends and girlfriends. They alternate between grazing, giggling and general goofing around. Sometimes it's loud. REALLY LOUD. Sometimes not so much. Which makes me nervous and necessitates a "hand check".

I'd best be off - the furry kids are circling the appetizer smorgasbord. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment