August 12, 2009

Mrs. Monopoly

We played a family game of Monopoly this evening (minus Sassy who had more important teen things to do like rat her hair). Chunky has declared every Wednesday family game night. Must be a slow TV night or perhaps he was grounded. I like to play but am not particularly competitive. Hubby is definitely competitive. We all had a few properties but I was the first to have a series - the yellows. I had Park Place but no Boardwalk. I had only two railroads. I had WaterWorks and the Electric Company but these were rarely landed upon. Hubby owned the tans (Tennessee) and the greens (No. Carolina) and kept moving his hotels around depending on where we were in our turns. I just hung in there, buying houses for my lovely little yellow ladies every few turns and lo and behold mine were the most often landed upon properties. Did you know statistically the three most-landed-on properties are Illinois Avenue, "GO" and B&O Railroad? Guess who won?!

Victory belongs to the most persevering ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment