August 21, 2009

The Journey Begins

I received a letter from St. Catherine University today - after careful review of your record by the Graduate Admission Committee... based on the quality of your application and recommendations, you have been accepted into the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership program. Yeah me! When I told Sassy I was accepted, she said "Well yeah, like you're smart so of course you were going to get in. I can't believe you thought you wouldn't". I love her. Do you think the Admission Committee was like the one in "Flashdance" with them all sitting at a long table prim and proper, deciding who's in and who's out? Thank goodness I didn't have to dance to get in! I'm worse than Albert in"Hitch". So the journey begins. With orientation for four hours next Saturday.

Sassy and I met with her guidance counselor at the new high school today. She's taking biology, world history, german (spanish was not her forte last year), english, advanced geometry, power walking what? in my day it was simply "gym" with no choices, sales & marketing, and digital photography (ceramics is the back up plan if full). We were sent home with a ton of paperwork. uh, didn't I already submit the magna carta for the transfer?! She has to return next Friday for photos, official class schedule, locker assignment and lunch money collection. There seemed to be a lot of references to "extra fees". oh goody, and we thought we were on easy street without the private high school tuition.

So the journey begins for both of us. and the outpouring of cash.

Sorry I can't commit to the book Mad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment