June 6, 2011

Heart Walk

Sassy and I participated in the annual Twin Cities Heart Walk at Target Field (home to the Minnesota Twins) this past weekend. We didn't exactly walk - as the heat was blistering by 11:30 when the walk finally kicked off. Never ceases to amaze me how blasted cold it can get here in the winter and how hot it can get in the summer I donated to the cause and we participated in the festivities to honor my father who died of a heart attack at age 55 and my father-in-law who sufffered from heart disease most of his adult life. Did you know cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer of Amercians, including all cancers?

We went with my friend MPB and her adorable daughter. MPB used to work for my company but abandoned me a couple of months ago. I'm not bitter or anything My company was a sponsor so we had a booth with stress balls that looked like baseballs.

This is Sassy and MPB's Peanut selecting which balls to throw at the crowd.

This is my friend Heidi from Marketing and Michael from Finance. Michael is from Ghana (great accent!) and helped me with my Finance homework (love him!).


Me and Sassy self portrait -

No comments:

Post a Comment