April 7, 2010

A conversation

I'm a bad mother. Both Sassy and Chunky were off school for spring break last week. 99.9% of the time they have the same days off. I neglected to read the fine print in Chunky's schedule that he had three days off this week too. Sassy did not. Oops. Of course I have a gagillion things going on at work and Hubby has a job out of town. Grma & Papa could take him one day so we decided he was old enough to spend two abbreviated days alone. How bad could it be? He sleeps 'til Noon, takes 2-hour baths and the balance will be filled with Nintendo and TV. Great babysitters those two!

Me: How did you do by yourself today?

Him: Good. I got up at 11 and Sassy was home at 3 so I was only alone 4 hours.
Um, okay.

Me: What did you do?

Him: Nothing much. Watched TV, played Nintendo, took a steam bath.
Not just a bath, a STEAM bath. That means he continously filled the tub with hot water over a two-hour period. Can't wait to get the water/electric bill!

Me: Did you eat anything?

Him: Yeah. I ate four bowls of cereal, two cartons of strawberries and a bowl of ice cream.
Don't you miss the days of ice cream chasers?

Me: Did you vacuum?

Him: No, I don't feel very good.
Nothing like digesting 20+ fresh strawberries to suck the life right out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment