November 24, 2009

T Day Desserts (part 1)

I'm ready, bring it on! The in-laws are responsible for rolls, cranberries, sweet potatoes and green bean casserole (none for me thanks but it's hubby's favorite). I'm making a brined turkey, mashed yukon gold potatoes, sausage & apple stuffing (with craisins, yum!), and three desserts. Hubby has to have pumpkin pie (though a chocoholic, pumpkin pie ranks right up there for me as well), but I needed to satisfy my desire to try new things as well as overachieve. I settled on Paula Deen's Creamy Pumpkin & Pecan Squares as well as an old favorite from a dear friend I don't talk with often enough, Moon Cake.

Paula Deen's Creamy Pumpkin & Pecan Squares
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
3 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
16 oz powdered sugar

Combine cake mix, butter, pecans and 1 egg. Press mixture evenly into bottom of lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Beat cream cheese and 3 eggs with electric mixer until creamy. Add in pumpkin and spice. Gradually bean in sugar until mixture is smooth. Poor over crust. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut into squares - top with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment