April 10, 2009

I Heart Cats

Y'know that Guns N' Roses song, "Used to Love Her"?
I used to love her, but I had to kill her
I had to put her
Six feet under
And I can still hear her complain
That's how I feel about my cat. Not the dead one - the live one I want to throttle* for her incessant whining at 5 am or as soon as I walk within 10 yards of the room where her food is. Which is often since it's the laundry room (laundry is my passion - NOT) and on the way to the garage. Would PETA come and get me if I put the cat in the garage?
* I was trying to be clever and articulate my fantasy then use strikethrough (to show how clever I am) with the PC version next to it. Alas, I am not clever.

A special shout out to my BFF - Happy Birthday!
There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul.
~Edith Wharton


A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse

A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself. ~Frances Ward Weller

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment